Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vacation?




Being a Realtor and going on Vacation is what one would call impossible.  We live life in the fast lane.  Well, most of us at least.  I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that my idea of a vacation is simply being somewhere other than my home, with my laptop and my cellphone and working in the early morning hours or late at night when everyone is sleeping.

Leah goes to bed around 730pm.  That means my work continues from 730pm until it gets finished.  I just wrote a 15 page contract and did a CMA after dinner.  We work whenever and wherever.  One of our most well known sayings is "Time is of the Essence."  In this business every second is valuable.  The market is back, there are simply not enough listings to suit all of the buyers needs.  Houses are flying off of the shelves.



Every phone call and every customer is valuable.  I remember when I was buying my first home, I had to know what was going on at all times.  To hear my Realtor say, "I'll be out of town for the next ten days," would have been horrifying for me...what if my dream home pops up while you are gone?  Have no fear, I am still working for you, it's just that my view changed drastically and my lunch break now consists of sun and sand. Fortunately I have almost a decade of experience behind me and lot's of tools in place to keep things as smooth as possible.  To get a call from my clients saying "We miss your smiling face, thank you so much for helping us even while you are gone, now go and have some fun!" really makes me feel good.  Knowing that they know they are in good hands is just one of the things that keeps me going!

What's most interesting to me is that I seem to get the most business when I am gone.  I am writing offers, receiving offers and putting together listing presentations one minute and slathering on sunscreen the next.  I love the organized chaos and the thrill of seeing my hard work all of these years pay off for when I am out of town.  I am not even sure my client's know I am not there....it's business as usual for them...almost hurt's my feelings, haha.

Well, I am done for the night, time to crawl into bed and get a little rest before the little one wakes up.  She loves splashing around in the ocean and the pool, and I love watching that big ol' smile on her face right after she accidentally takes a big gulp of the saltwater...oops!



KierstenBell@KW.com     Kbell.kwrealty.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment