Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Falling Babies and Rising Rates

The Inevitable 

 No, that is not Chucky's daughter, I claim her.  She recently discovered that blowing bubbles in her sweet potatoes was a lot more fun than eating them.  I am slightly bummed because I love sweet potatoes, but I guess I can't always have my way...not with Karma, oops, I mean Leah.  =)

So, the inevitable happened.  I was on vacation and not only did Leah start teething, but almost no sooner than my father finished telling me about how babies always fall at some point, off of a couch or a changing table or something, when "it" happened.  The inevitable.  I say inevitable because I was sure that MY daughter would not roll off of anything under MY watch. So, I guess the rules still apply to me as well and that moment of what my Dad referred to as a 'Reality Check' was all part of the parenting path.  So here is what happened, Leah, my crazy, lil, monkey child decided to launch herself off of the couch...while I was right next to her.  A split second and bam...she hit the carpet, WHOA!  

Needless to say, Leah was fine.  One minute later, after some seriously loud cries of fear, and she was laughing, almost like the whole thing was just a conspiracy between Leah and Grandpa Jim, against me!  They won.  

Whiiiiich brings me to my point.  As Leah was falling DOWN, interest rates were going UP!  While I want to cry about what happened to my lil daw'ling, you should be crying if you didn't get locked in at 3.25%.  We are now seeing 30 year mortgages at approx 4%.  That is still awesome, but if you got in at 3.25% you are sitting REALLY pretty right about now.  

So, watch out for the inevitable, listen to your parents...and your favorite Realtor, Kiersten Bell of course, and if you were thinking about buying or selling Real Estate, don't waste another minute. Call me now...well, maybe in the morning...864.567.1457


www.kbell.kwrealty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment